Monday, June 23, 2008

Water pump seal worn

Motor Factor @ Ubi
Pump Seals $40 (3)
Oil Filter $16
Labour $70
Royal Purple X3
Water Wetter
Mileage : 116,972 km

These happend a few weeks ago and I only got it done last week.
Since the last servicing on the oil pan, I never tot I would see EO leaking at the bottom so soon. I spent the past 2 weeks trying to figure out where the leak came from. I was glad the leak didnt came from the same place as the last time.

Alex removed my left faring and cleaned the bottom before asking me to ride around without my fairing on so we could monitor the leak more conveniently. I road about 5 km, spotted a minor leak somewhere and went back to Alex, both of us didnt find the source of the leak and I had to get back to work.

The very next day I went to Bike123 to check, Kenny said he was very sure its from the Water Pump and he point to me beads of EO appearing from it. I was kinda shock when I saw it. To make sure, we cleaned it and rode with 1 side less fairing, when I returned, the EO leak appeared from directly below the water pump, problem rectified.

The very next day, went back to Factor to replace the pump seals since it was super near my work place, I could get my colleague to sent me out to collect my bike too.....
2 days later, I check for leaks again, dry as "hungry hippo"

1 less thing to worry before my Hatyai bike week.......................

Will be getting the pics up on the seals....

No comments: