Sunday, September 9, 2007

Scottoiler Fitment with Andrew's assistance and the dragon head story

Bought my scotteroiler for sometimes already and had been asking around ways to fit it to the bike. I found 2 good area to fit the oiler but while 1 area require an additional bracket below the battery the other require additional hole under the seat.

I wanted to mount the oiler at the bottom of the battery because mounting it under the seat will take up space, but I didnt have the bracket to do so. My friend who wanted to help me get a bracket suddenly went MIA, I guess he have gone overseas for holiday so I decided to mount it temporary under my seat until my I got the bracket and when the first bottle empties.

Andrew invited me to go over to his workshop( His void deck) so he could drill 2 holes for me under my seat. The vacuum tube was installed 1 week ago and today we just need to remove the seat cowl, a-lined the oiler, drill some holes, pull some tubes and cable tie it and thats about all.

We tot it was easy at first, it was rather easy to install but the difficult part is the careful planning, some adjustment here and there. Well aprox. 1 hr everything was done up.

And here's how its done....


First was about assembling the Scottoiler kit together to see where to mount it.


This is where the Scottoiler should fit, the 2 holes had already been drilled. So why 2 hole? 1 for the mounting L-bracket, the other for the oiler drain tube.


After Andrew drill the 2 holes for me, his job is done, he is free and started taking funny pics of himself, and many other stuff which i am not going to post it in my blog :X


Arranging the Drain tube, so it can run from the seat out to the rear suspension to the swing arm and where the drain needle point to the rear sprocket.


Adjusting the needle so it can point the the rear sprocket just above the chain.


Next is to get the oiler to work, after filling the oiler reservoir with oil, next thing is the bring the oil from the oiler to the needle, so how its done? Blow air into the breather tube with your mouth loh....

Of coz not lah, coz i didnt bring the bottle to pump air in, the next alternative is to blow air in !!!!!


With the oiler in place, the tube filled with oil and vacuum tube fitted, the Scottoiler is ready to do its job. Started the engine and let the oiler mechanism do its job, in apporx. 20-30 sec, the first drop of oil dripped into my chain... There all in place ;)

Once again I would like to thank Andrew for his kaypo assistance haha, just joking.

What happen after that should not be part of this story, but we went to meet up with charlie and Avril and together everyone went to Regina to get themselves 3 Shoei Dragon heads..... now MBF got 3 Dragon of its own color, 1 pink Butterfly and 1 dual faced Demon. All from the same family... Shoei!

No comments: