Thursday, October 9, 2008

More servicing, getting to "ABUSA" mode.

HKL @ Alxendra 081008
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT $430
Wheel Balancing Free
Tyre Gauge Free
HKL RainCoat Free

Planet @ UBI 091009
Tighten Chassis via slider Free
Rear Wheel Sprocket bearings 1 set + labour $45
Mileage : 123,657km
All for the KL long distance trip.

YTD morning, went to HKL early in the morning to get my tyres replaced, The rear can last for another 2k but since I'm going up to KL and now its raining season, replacing the tyre will be a safer choice. The other reason is Jean will be following me so safety comes first.

Ah san replaced for me both rear anf front, balancing not done for rear coz he suspect wheel bearing is slightly worn, but he doesnt have the japan bearing that I wanted, so bo bian loh. Called Raymond if he want my used tyre for Eddie, left it there for him to collect.


Front still good, but change anyway since different compound from different brand


Rear, rode for 12k ++ and decided to change since its been abused in a few long distance....


New 2CT, end 07 for rear and early 08 for front. 120/190 55
Opps slightly higher feel.

Went to planet this morning to get my bearing changed since the ah lao say he can find me KOYO. I give up on him because I hunted a few places but just couldn't find KOYO. All others had were NIS...... typical china brand..... Well, $45 for a quick fix compared to stock $75 excluding labour.... the ah lao also tighten the chassis screw and that totally solve the loosen parts sound when ever i go thru bumpy surface.... "live safer man!"


Koyo... and the used....

No comments: