Sunday, March 30, 2008

HKL Servicing and Metzeler M3 for thailand trip.

HKL @ Alexandra
Mileage : 111,188 km
Nachi Front Wheel bearing x 2 : $10 each
Metzeler Sportec M3 Sport tech 120/190 tyre change package: $400 for both tyre
Ariete Tyre Valve : $45 1 set

My tyre change plan was after the 3rd Falcon ride to Ayer Hitam. Although I couldn't make it due to my puncture, I still go ahead to had them changed. My current Pilot Power 2CT served me a good 14,028 km . I had rode on almost all kind of road condition in S'pore and frequent M'ysia 's Highway, probably once or twice on Pasir Gudang's Track.


Front tyre hasn't really worn out, but it wont last a next rear tyre's life and I would like to change 1 pair, especially of the same brand and same type. I dont like 1 front 2 rear rule.


The Rear is not in the condition to ride anymore.


View of a "Worm" just patched from the inside


My new set of M3, very good manufacture date, these are dual compound.


Week 21 2007


Week 35 2007


Nachi 6205 bearing for front wheel, these old bearings gotta
go for safety reasons as a long trip's coming up


The new bearing were dual seal too, but the seals were not
rubber and I dont want to wait for stock to come.

This next itemI;ve got out of itchy backside were the L-shape tyre valve. My current L-shaped valve had a torn rubber seal on the outside of the rim and these new ones from Ariete had their seals on the inside of the rims.


Aeiete's Tyre Valves


Rubber seal is inside, but blocked by the nut which had lock tight applied too.


Front Wheel


Rear wheel

No comments: