Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Some stuff happen during the week.

Water Wetter x 1 $20 (HKL)
Brake reservoir hose and bleeding at Master pump $10 (Motor world)
Cleaning front sprocket area $20 (Planet Motor)

Some things happened during the week.

I was quite contented with my new hose and its length, was admiring it while riding everyday until 1 fine day when i remove my bike cover and saw the brake reservoir hose "sweating". Beads of liquid formed on the entire hose, I touched and smell and confirm it was brake fluid.
I know that brake fluid mostly are corrosive but i didnt think fuel hose wasn't suitable to contain it.

I rode to work taking care not to brake hard. During lunch time, I skipped lunch and went to nearest bike shop"MotorWorld" to have my black hose replaced with the correct type, doesn't matter that the hose is clear. I would have replace the hose myself if it wasn't for such an important function of the bike and had to be replaced ASAP.


Clear hose/tube

Later in the week, I was looking around for "Water Wetter" coolant coz I will be flushing my radiator on the coming weekend. I went to the nearest place (K&T) I could think of that has Water Wetter. Reached there and Clifford told me that its for his servicing and not for sale :O. Now i had to go all the way to Alexandra, HKL to get that Cherry Red Coolant :X.


The one and only place that i know of selling this. HKL

The last best thing was, Charlie and I were going over to Andrew's Place for the part 2 servicing, but at the last minute, Andrew gave us a timing that would take away out precious sleep. I assume he was going to use the noon time to accompany his GF( she was away for a week). We had to postponed it, still pending :)

Just yesterday, I send my bike for cleaning up the front sprocket area. That place was clogged with dust,gravel,pebbles,tar and any small things u can find on the road. They were mixed with my scottoiler oil and lump up black sticky and oily around that area. The mechanic took 1 hour to wash, brush, dig, rub, jet spray with petrol that whole area.

I didnt want to dirty myself and sent it to Planet motor to wash it. Well the it came out super clean and looked as if it was brand new, but sad to say almost immediately it was clean, its going be dirty again. Dirt and oil are going to mix and slowly lump up at that area once more :C

No comments: