Monday, May 28, 2007

Front Wheel NoFree Spinning follow-up part 2

28 May 07 Back to Kim Keat

Service:
Redo brake hose Bleed
1 x New Fren rear pad $28.57 (motor world)
2 x New Fren Front pads $85.72 (motor world)

Photos not uploaded yet.

Continue from :
Front Wheel NoFree spinning Follow-up Part 1
Front Bearing Screeching sound + more story

After all the servicing about the brake caliper on 26 May 07. The front wheel finally spins!! Both brake level felt more sensitive then usual, but somehow they felt softer and to fully brake, the lever needs to pull back almost touching the throttle grip. I enquire about the angle, kim keat inspected himself and told me because my pads are almost worn, so the angle is more, and the lever felt softer. He told me to try to replace with new brake pads first, if they are still soft and angle is out, he can redo the bleeding for me. At the point of time, after 4 hours, I cant think properly anymore, I should consider that the piston should be in the same position and therefore should the lever too, because the same pads were used, so right now its too late to think something is wrong.

On the very next day 27 May 07. I rode around and still felt something was not right about the lever angle and the softness. I decided to asked around and maybe check with another bike shop.

To be convinced that the lever angle should not be so near the handle grip and the softness is wrong, I wanted to buy back the same brake pads that I am current using, everywhere no stock again. Everything on my bike ran out of stock!! In the end i went to a near-by shop, Motor World to get a different brand of pads, NEW FREN.

I didnt want Kim keat to say other bike shop did something to make the brakes too soft and lever angle too much, so i didnt install the pads myself. I brought the pads back to Kim Keat to let them install and test the lever effect before & after installing the pads , so to experience themselves if everything is wrong. However, when i reach Kim keat, its already 5pm and I didnt think they have enough time to do all the procedures. I decided to left the bike overnight and not witnessing the scenario.

blog to be continue when the story take place.....

No comments: