Monday, May 28, 2007

Front Bearing Screeching sound + more story

8 May 07 @ Loois

2 x Front Wheel Bearing 91053-MAZ-003 $60

In the month of April 07, While riding in the hdb car park slowly, I can hear a soft screeching sound come front the bottom front of my bike, but didnt know what was it at the point of time. Afew weeks later, while washing my front wheel, i realise there are rust marks around the wheel bearing. There is where i realise the Front wheel bearings have corroded and its time for a replacement.

So As usual, I left my bike at Loois because it is very near my work place. I told meng tong to replace both the front Wheel bearing coz since change 1, why not change both, new and no need to worry for the next 1yr +.

Few days later, While washing my bike, as usual i will jack up my bike to spin the wheels for effective washing. Suddenly the front Wheel cant spin freely, the first thing i assume is the bearing change was a fucked up job. I call Meng tong and he assure me its normal since bearing new. I asked afew busa riders and they said it isnt normal, so i brought the bike to Loois again, this time beng tong inspected the bearings and my front wheel brake calipers, he told me the calipers need servicing already, as lease every 40k+ mileage. He quoted me washing caliper + change all the honda's caliper seals + o-rings + workmanship is 100+ per caliper.

At this point of time, I think a popular shop like Loois with a GOD, meng tong, cant really deliver his product with some flaws in the servicing, so i assume his assistance must have done the bearing change and didnt realise or didnt bother to find out about the brakes calipers faulty. Yes he got a fucked up new assistance from "Wing Huat motors" named "Ah Heng".

Next time I will definitely get Meng Tong to service complicate component or delicate devices on my bike only. Never let Loois do the simple servicing else only his assistance will do the job.

No comments: