Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Front Wheel defect Follow-up part 3

29 May 07 Collect bike from Kim Keat

Continue from:
Front Wheel NoFree Spinning follow-up part 2
Front Wheel NoFree spinning Follow-up Part 1
Front Bearing Screeching sound + more story


Upon collecting my bike, I tested out both brake lever, the front lever feels exactly the same to me, not good. But the rear brake lever feels good and is in good working condition. All brake pads are replace with the ones I bought from Motor world.

I ask the guy if he re-bleed my brake hose and he said he did. I accepted it as my bike felt oily with grease on the handle bar, seats and body, in another words, there are signs of someone doing something to my bike, servicing i hope.

He assure me that the front brakes are ok, he had the piston fully "pushed" out and pressed in again to make sure the lever or fluid are properly adjusted. I don't really understand what he meant, and i didnt think how that would affect the brake lever, never mind. For the next few days, I shall test the brake lever angle and softness to see how effective it is even though then angle is so out. If more doubts, then I may need to look for another bike shop to reconfirm my suspicion.

I left for work, during the journey, brakes working, can fully stop from 90-100km/hr. Rear lever angle good, front lever angle not very good, too close to the throttle grip. Shall test it for a few more days as claimed that will be harden by Kim keat, got such thing meh?

Hope this issue ends here...........

No comments: