Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Why my wheel got some *tok *tok sound ??

Bike 123 @ Jln Basar Workmanship $30
Planet Motor @ Ubi Industrial Workmanship $15
K S Suzuki @ Jln Basar
SLS Bearings @ Jln Basar
Mileage 94,700km

Stock front Spocket $65
1 Set of bearings $24
1 Can of Green tea $1.20
1 Packet of tissue $0.30


After my 2nd Malacca Trip with MBF, the following chain oiling. I heard loud *tok *tok sound coming from the lower part of bike when I spin the rear wheel. Thinking it could be my bearing wearing out. Beginning of this year, I only had my front wheel bearing replaced, I didnt replace the rear wheel bearing.

I went to 2 bike shops and they only suspect its the bearings, coz i told them i had replaced both my sprockets and chain early this year. I proceed to have my rear wheel bearing change as that is the most obvious choice. I didnt change it since i bought over this bike hahaha.

I wanted to look for a different set of bearing from stock, I was introduced with High Speed Dual seal and Heavy Duty Dual seal bearings. I ask my bike shop to remove my bearings and replace with the ones i bought from bearing shop.


Old Stock Bearings, single seal. (Stock, Assuming the owner didnt change)


Old Stock Single Seal Sprocket bearing KOYO 62/32RS


Old Stock Single Seal Wheel bearing KOYO 60/32RKBC3


New Dual Seal KOYO Bearings, Sprocket 62/32RS, Wheel 60/322RS

Once the Bearing sits in and wheel installed, *tok *tok sound echos into my ears..... Then the mechanic told me, well u could try the front sprocket, but no promises. Coz front sprockets spin almost 5 times more than the rear on average.

Well, what could I think of ? Nothing but to proceed to buy my own stock Front sprocket, and bring to another bike shop to have it replace. Once my front sprocket is reveal bared to me. OMG Look at the mess, and from the mess guess what I've found ? A fuel tank rubber stopper and another round rubber and puddles of "sai".

I suspect its the fuel tank rubber that i've accidentally dropped while lifting my tank and find its way to the front sprocket and creating those *tok *tok noise........ All my effort , time and $$$ gone to waste.... But well not so bad lah, coz i've learnt a few more new things and location of some shops.


New sprocket, looks good and new.... Ready to sit into its place.


Old Sprocket, doesnt look so different from new doesn't it? Coz its still new!! :~~~ just 6 mths old!


All the messy oily sandy dirty rubbish and "sai" trapped in this area, who would remove this and give it a good wash ?


See this thing stuck here, where its very close to my chain ? That is the culprit thats making the *tok *tok sound when i wasn't looking.... My Fuel Tank Rubber stopper.

At least in the End i got my problem solved!

No comments: