Thursday, July 12, 2007

3 inch shorter

@ K S opposite Regina
Clutch Lever $75 ($55 )
Ah boy $50 - but need to "wait"

Serangoon Road, 1 of the most crowded 3 laned road early in the morning of every weekday. That is because all the motorist travel along this road to PIE to get to City or East.

I worked in the SAF organisation and therefore, late is almsot not accepted most of the time. Sometimes I need to travel along Serangoon road to get to Airport Road where I worked. And this is a pain in the A** Coz of the jam, I need to squeeze in b/w lanes/cars.

I was squeezing in the 2nd and 3rd land and came to a stop just before my Left turn X-junction. Behind a bike i was waiting at the same time in b/w an SBS bus and a Car. When Green Light Flashes, Off I go slowly as I'm not sure if the Bus on my left is Turning Left or going stright. Suddenly he turned left and due to the bus's long body, naturally its tail began to swayed to the right. OMG, I was fish tailed by an SBS bus, luckily its tail pressed on my clutch lever and drag almost 30cm(saw the scratch mark on the bus hehe), and *ting, off my clutch lever's tail broke along.

Luckily Suzuki's Hayabusa's clutch and brake lever were designed for impact due to bike fall. About 3 inches of the end of the lever has a "slope like hole" which bacame the "weakest link". So in most of the fall, when the lever end hit the ground first, the weakest link break off leaving the 70% of the lever intact so the rider can continue using it until he find a replacement.

The other encounter I had was on my Honda Super 4. My bike fell in malaysia during a tight u-turn and the "Brake lever" broke leaving 20% intact which i cannot use. I had to ride back to Singapore using only rear brake which is EXTREMELY dangerous.


Nice one Suzuki.......... U saved my day.

No comments: