Friday, July 20, 2007

The Final Brake Caliper Service!

K & T @ Ubi Industrial
93,176km mileage

HEL Brake hose $190
1/2 set of 6 pot caliper O-ring & Seals $60
6 Caliper Screws $24
Workmanship $50

Back to my old story again, but this time, is the final story! Been very unsatisfy with my Brake lever feel, so I talked to Andrew about it and he suggested me to see Clifford, K & T boss who used to rides a busa.

I Went to K & T today and told Clifford my story, its definitely not the Master Pump nor the brake hose. I've been to Kim Keat, HKL and no one could solve my brake problems. Clifford claimed he successfully repaired 6-piston calipers that usually gives alot of problems. Well, feeling only abit confident since many failed, I let him do it anyway. I want my brake hose changed too since its almost 3 yrs old.

Clifford called during my work and told me my caliper screw HEX hole is almost rounded, not only that, my seals and O-ring were not properly installed and some seal were out of the seal pockets, they were rubbing against my piston and making my piston stuck.

I collected my bike this evening and Clifford asked me to test ride to test my braking system before he claim brake system repaired. WOW!! the feeling is soooooooooooooo sensitive n shiok n almost like Charlie's and Andrew's Brembo.................nah.... still far lar hahaha. But its definitely correctly installed.

Before I left, I asked Clifford why is there a copper disc in b/w my lever and lever pump piston. He confirmed my suspicious doubts that someone tamper with my lever. Clifford says, he had serviced many busa and never come across such a "!!!!!!!" mechanic who use such "!!!!!!!!"methods.
After my previous brake service, I was not told but I knew the copper disc's appearance the moment someone put it there. The copper Disc will push the piston pump deeper so the lever angel wont be so wide/near the throttle grip without my knowledge, with that I will be led to assume the mechanic fixed and solve the brake problem.
The mechanic didnt bother wat's coming next, the setback of his method: When depressing the brake lever, the piston will force fluid into brake hose to caliper piston, BUT it wont fully release the fluid from returning back to the master pump kit, which mean, there will be alot of problem if the fluid is stuck.
This is a braking system meant to stop if there is danger, what he is playing with is the rider's Life.


Seals and O-ring both out of their original position(pockets), they were stuck with the piston making my braking system not functioning properly.


Another View. This mechanic who didn't install properly cost me $60 + $50 to rectify it!! Ass.......


The Copper Disc. My lever is being "DRILLED" to install this copper pin with its top like a "DISC" so that my lever can function better but actually it made matter worst. Smart mechanic but I don't like his method and his dishonesty. BIG ASS!!!!!

No comments: