Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Found my DIY TRE from 1st owner.

Been thinking if my busa's second owner said is true about the first owner doing a DIY TRE. Before I reassemble all the 3 pieces together, I've want to see see look look where is the TRE in my bike and which resistor value did he use.

So I lifted up my tank and looked around, its quite true that people say its hard to find/reach the ECU/GPR Plug, but hey, it wasn't hanging in the middle below so its very easy to reach. However, to remove/replace or to rewrap is another thing.


Found a something wrapped in Green tape and remove to see what it is....


Hey, its a Resistor, Simple DIY TRE, ok lets see.....
Blue, White, nono its gray, and red. Very big and thick resistor, expensive one.


Yep, the previous owner used the value that I wanted to use as well, Coz from my research, the 6.8KΩ is to map at 5th Gear, not only unrestricting 1st to 3rd gear from becoming retarded, but I believe it unrestricted the top speed as well.

No comments: