Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fixing the broken and Replacing the Old

Scottoiler Vacuum tube $4
Scottoiler Tube $25 ($18)
Brand new front clear signals lenses $60
Used rear clear signal lenses $10
Electric horn from before $17
Rear Cushion Lever (Dog Bone) $35 Seng kwang
Workmanship Motor Factor $30


Just last week. I notice a few time that my chain were getting dry. After checking a bit, I found the scotoiler tube torn and was leaking from the tear. It was in the right time coz I was thinking of shifting my scottoiler from under the tank to the rear. It was too hot and the oil were leaking too fast.


Just $4. Got a new set of vacuum tube so I can shift the scottoiler.


Scottoiler Tube, didn't know this could be 6 times the price of the vacuum tube.


Replacing the older model lenses

I didn't have any electrical wires at home and decided to get the horns fitted at the bike shop since I was going to do other stuff. I requested the Simon the mechanic to get the horns fitted at the sides in the "head" cowl. He seems to have some problem getting things done and took a long time to complete this job while more and more bikes came in.


Upgrading the horn system.


Its mounted just above the air intake duct, sharing meters' bracket.


While getting orange bulbs for my clear lenses. I was hunting high and low from all the bike shop for the yellow bulbs. Every bike shop had problem understanding what I was asking and what I said didnt seems to match the item I was holding.

I only realise when I called Maverick for advise. He told me my signals were not using original socket.Then, I remember when I first got my busa, the signals were different from others, it was always on until I disabled it......... now I got some plans for the signals.....


Mr Simon was alone today, Alex was in M'ysia. He had a hard time coz he had to servicing 4-6 bikes. I didnt want him to rush my stuff so I decided to let him do the rest of the stuff another time. I want to reroute some wires after noticing my front signal sockets were a different from the normal ones, so I told Simon that I will do the "Dog Bone" next time and he can use the time to reroute wires for me, but he request to do it everything other thing the next time. Ok loh........


Stock Dog bone


Custom made Dog Bone almost 1 inch shorter.
These will be fitted next time.


Throttle body butterfly valves.
Got them cleaned at the openings.
Full of carbons...

I've also notice during the servicing, many people I know came. There were Raymond & Kris, Weiz, Freddy, Maverick and Joey. Raymond were suppose to meet me here to do servicing with me. The rest kaypo maybe? hehehhe.

After fitting the horn, I waited for Raymond 's bike, he want his dog bone fit. I took the time to remove my airbox so I could change the vacuum tube. After that we all left and I went home to continue doing stuff on my bike.


While riding home, I've notice a wire dangling beside the right fork. It was the horn's wire. I came home not very satisfy with it. Decided to get it fixed and get the scottoiler fit.


New Signal Lenses, K3 or K7?


Another pic of the horn and relay fitted in the cowling.


Did some tracing and rerouting of wires and solve then horn's dangling wire problem.
Simon gave me a bundle of wires so I could reroute myself.

Finally, the last and most dirty part, refitting back the scottoiler. I could roughly guess what happen the last time when the cable was torn. Some rock must have hit it, or chaffing took place along with the bike's vibration. So what I did was to add a protection layer.


Protection layer for the scottoiler tube.


This is where I shifted the scottoiler to. Not under the tank where temperature was extremely hot and not under the seat where precious space will be wasted. In the rear cowl!!

Actually, since the first time I fit scotty, I had always been eyeing this place for scotty, also dunno why that time didnt put scotty there.

There might be some problem topping up the oil, but there will be months later.........

No comments: