Friday, April 18, 2008

My Virgin ride to Thailand (Hatyai) 11-15 April 2008 Part 2 of 2

Day 4, 14 April 2008.
Thailand Hatyai and Danok
Again I'll keep the story brief and short.

The 3rd morning at Hatyai, We received morning calls to have breakfast at a near-by coffee shop. Raymond said the mix pig organ porridge were good, we also had cuppa-egg. After breakfast, we went to a market place to get some bike accessories, we wanted Thai license plate sticker, but the owner wasn't around to convert English to Thai. Proceed to see see look look at some neckless and walked around the market place visiting some bike accessories shops.


Breakfast


Licence sticker making shop.


Many Neckless being sold in this area


More Pics


Amulet casement and neckless


Wet market


Saw Mickey & Minnie licence plate screws


Si pei Chio Fino.
Fino were commonly seen along the roads


Bike accessories shop

After we got what we wanted, we left the market area. Next, we couldn't help stopping at the bird nest shop once more. Today we brought Stan and Mark along to enjoy this wonderful dish :)


BirdNest!!

As part of the plan, we were to ride to Danok to stay for 1 night coz its nearer to the Thai border and has night life activity in the area. Getting ready our bikes to leave Hatyai, we were going to visit a temple and then head to our hotel in Danok. Pay my respect at the temple and left for Danok.



Hotel to temple.


At Danok's street.

Parked our bikes at the hotel's carpark and brought our stuff to our rooms. Took a quick bath, make ourselves cozy and had a good rest. Later, Raymond, Kris and I had a simple dinner in one of the stall along the main road. The food were too good for being just a simple stall. We walked along the street of Danok, it was pretty lively, many stalls were set-up along the main roads, passed by several pubs and night clubs.


Many of these fried chicken stall were observed along the road


Simple but yummy food, the best was "Tom Yum Pig trottle"

After our meals, we walked along their "pasar malam" before have another massage. By the time we finished and head back to our hotel rooms, it was close to mid-night, I gave Jean usual good night call before turning in.


Donuts!!


"Pasar Malam"

The last morning of our trip.

Woke up by a phone call asking for breakfast again, we gathered and came to a near-by coffee shop. Everyone had "Ba Kut Teh" and eggs. I notice the half-boiled in Thailand were all serve in cups unlike Singapore serving in small plates.


Our Breakfast!


Walked pass 7-11 and saw a rare Kawazaki Concourse

After our meals, we return to our rooms to packed our stuff, we were heading back to Singapore. I wanted to bring back the water guns for my nephew and nieces and managed to duct taped it to my side box racks. Everyone were excited and at the same time disappointed that funs' over.


Getting ready at the hotel


Our group photo.


At Semanggol R&R, directing others to stop here.


Finally at GP Shell after almost 9 hours of ride from Thailand.

While riding home, I was rather excited to see Jean. She must be very excited while waiting for me to return home. I remember when reaching Lornie road, I sped up so I could reach home faster as I cant wait to see and hug her, and also to show her all the presents that I've gotten for her.

This was a very wonderful ride for me, no serious accident and everyone travel safely to and fro with us. I was glad I went with this group of riders/buddies and they took good care of everyone and help those in need of help.

Thank you everyone, you all play a big part in one way or another,
Looking forward for more rides like these.......

June Hatyai bike week and October's 3NCR......With Jean this time!

No comments: