Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thailand Blues....

When I first got my very own bike(TA200), Stanley brought me to Malaysia for makans, that is where I started loving Touring with bike. Since then were just short trips to nearby Johor towns. It was only when I rode my babe (GSX1300R) before I went further to places like Genting, Malacca, KL, Penang, Port Dickson.

One of my goal was to ride up to Thailand from Singapore thru Malaysia. I've missed out one last year (2007) when Freddy invited. This year, I'll told myself I'm going to ride at least 1 time to Thailand and in future if there is more chances, I'll travel more to Thailand with Jean and tour around it.

This Thailand trip, we were suppose to join the Phuket Bike Week 2008 event. Due to Sokrang festival, there wasn't anymore cheap hotel rooms. Unlike the others and Neo who were going for the bike week. We're just going to enjoy the Sokrang festival in Hatyai. Leaving on 11th April 2230hrs and coming back on 15 April.

For the past few weeks, Jean's been getting reckless, she cant go with me due to her exams, and she very worried coz since Dec last year till now, there were many reports of bike accident along NSHW and Thailand. Jean kept asking me to take care, ride cautiously and safely. I promise myself that I will call her whenever I could, and ride safe.

Even myself, I started feeling reckless and moody. Coz I was going on a long trip without Jean. I felt her concern and I was worried about her.

Another reason of mu blues where, most of my closer friends were not coming along, they give reasons/excuses like :
Mindef related exercises
Just change job, not nice to take leave
Bike not fierce enough
Gf dont allow, scare Gf scold

However, this is 1 trip that I have been waiting for along time.......... Thailand, here I come!!!!

No comments: