Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Falcon is ready for flight.............. *Brake JAM!!!

Kim Keat

Desmond fetch me to collect my bike today. The brake angle is in place and feels good to pull, no.1 is very tight, no. 6 is soft enough. I know the angle is more or less correct. Victor told me he dismantle and reinstall the calipers and bleed the system twice after putting air pressure into the hose. Yap! I appreciate his effort and his attitude for finding the fault to rectify it.

I rode off and tested the speed close to 200. Brake a few times , slowly braking harder and follow by a hard braking and to a complete stop. GOOD! Hey wait a minute!! The brake lever is stuck, too hard to brake, bike refuse to roll forward and backwards, OMG brake JAM!! I force the bike to ride to a nearby bus stop and check the hose. OMFG!! Hydraulic/Brake Fluid/Dot 4 LEAK!!! Pull the lever a few time and try to push the bike to move. Stubborn Brake still jam, no choice call Victor.

He was nice and came down, and told me too much fluid in the system and with hard braking, fluid expand in the entire system forcing the piston out, pressing the brake pads against the brake disc. He check if the fluid drain nut is loosen, 'satis' took out the brake lever and pump kit assembly dont know do what to it ,then put it back and asked me to ride 1 round to see if there is still leaks.

While riding I brake hard a few time..... hmmm 'satis' no hard feelings on the lever. But the angle wasn't as hard as the first time I tried today. Now everything are in place. During the journey back to work(yap i sneak out from work hehe), I keep testing the front brake by slowly pressing it hard to a complete stop. It didnt jam anymore. I touch the drain screw and no fluid, so I assume the fluid is just enough for expansion during heating. Just that the no.1 angle is not so tight anymore, but..... still ok.

I felt that kim keat did a good job when he realise his servicing result has problems, he didnt use excuses to brush the problem aside. I didnt once felt "that is your problem" kinda feeling when I brought the problem back to him, and he didnt once ask me for extra labour fee. Good job, I told him..

No comments: